Horizontal Balancing Machines
Accurate readings, time after time... that is how the world knows Hofmann horizontal balancing machines.
Standard (universal) designs are used for a variety of applications by manufacturers, OEMs, overhaul and repair shops, and end users. Different size models suit rotors from a few grams up to 90,000 kg. They include adjustable supports and changeable bearings, enabling you to run different rotor types on the same balancing machine.
Hofmann´s specialty... custom and unique designs.
Hofmann understands that technology changes daily, and so do your balancing needs. That´s why we custom design the right solutions for non-standard rotors, today´s unique, high-speed applications, and tomorrow´s technology.
For example, we can add whip sensors for flexible rotors, provide side spindles for overhung rotors, and design tooling manufactured for non-standard and complex rotor specifications. We can add shrouds that cover just the rotor or, if needed, provide OSHA and CE compliant safety enclosures from simple wire mesh fencing to electrically-interlocked metal rooms, and even underground, concrete-encased bunkers. We gladly customize our balancing software to work with your processes and production needs.
Additional Balancer Features
- Drive system options to meet your rotor requirements:
- Belt, end, or combination drive systems
- Under/over belt configuration
- Larger ac and dc drives/motors
- Gear transmissions
- Auto-indexing of rotors
- Optional pneumatics for clamping and adjustments
- Semi-automatic and fully automatic operations
- Various electronic measuring instruments available
- Integrated correction systems, like drilling, milling, and weight addition
- Balancing machine bed extensions or separate short beds
- Proving rotors to Hofmann, ISO, or SAE ARP standards for machine calibration
- Custom colors
Advantages of Hofmann Horizontal Balancers
- Piezoelectric transducers eliminate moving mechanical parts in the measuring system
- Operator-friendly setup and operation
- No re-calibration required for different rotor types
- Rugged, solid construction guarantees a very long machine life
- Adjustable supports and changeable bearings allow a large range of rotor types for each balancing machine
- Hardware and software customization, if needed
- Superior customer support services
End Drive for Rotors Up to 90,000 kg
Combination Belt and End Drive
Small Belt Drive with Half-Shell Supports
Table-Mounted Belt Drive, Small Rotors
Dual Belt Drives with Safety Enclosure
End Drive, Medium-Size Rotors
Belt, end, and combination drive systems... horizontal balancing machines that meet a wide range of requirements for different industries, as well as for different rotor types and sizes. Each sturdy design combines the precision of piezoelectric transducers with a reliable, hard-bearing support system on a solid-steel base.
American Hofmann Corporation
Tel: +1.434.522.0321 or +1.434.522.0340
Or request a proposal