Turbocharger Balancing Machines
Hofmann has been the leading supplier of balancing machines and systems to the turbocharger industry for more than a decade.
The efficiency of a turbocharger is directly related to how well the assemblies and their components rotate in balance. Hofmann understands that balancing these parts requires both low-speed and high-speed testing, and sometimes with pressure-oiled bearings.
That is why we design and manufacture a full-range of turbocharger balancers, both standard and custom, with the following applications:
- Turbocharger assemblies - We incorporate quick-changeover tooling with permanently attached air drive and brake nozzles, eliminating the usual required adjustments.
- High-speed components - Hofmann one- or two-station machines balance all types of high-speed turbocharger components, from the smallest compressor wheel to the largest turbine wheel.
- Mass centering - Interactive machines for measuring, correcting, and auditing the mass axis of turbocharger turbine wheel castings using mass centering.
- Turbomolecular pump assemblies - Various single-station balancer designs to suit pump features. All include a measure, correction, and audit cycle.
Additional Balancer Features
- Minute unbalance detection in compressor and turbine wheels and core assemblies, at low speeds of 4,000 rpm and at high speeds of 100,000 rpm.
- Options for production line integration, including robotics.
- Custom-made tooling for each application as needed (for example, non-rotating arbors or bushings for component parts; "H" plates for balancing a CHRA in its own bearings).
- Automatic or manual correction options, incorporated in the machine or as separate automated milling units.
- Highly accurate measuring system, meeting requirements of close tolerances and operating speeds over 200,000 rpm.
High-Speed Core Balancer, Automated Correction
Low-Speed Core Balancer, Automated Correction
Low-Speed Core Balancer, Heavy Duty Products
Integrated Component Balancer & Correction Mill
Mass Centering Balancing System with Correction
TurboMolecular Pump Balancing
Customers select Hofmann´s effective engineering solutions to address the unique challenges of modern turbocharger technology. Our customer base includes global manufacturing companies, OEMs, and the turbocharger aftermarket.
As manufacturers continue to push the limits in areas such as bearing conditions, aerodynamics, material strength, noise restrictions, vibration reduction, and speed ranges, Hofmann meets the challenge.
American Hofmann Corporation
Tel: +1.434.522.0321 or +1.434.522.0340
Or request a proposal
For more detailed information and specifications on balancing machines and systems for turbocharger applications, please contact Hofmann.